Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ellipses Vol.5, Ep.1


White Girl, Brown Dog

I walked along the street one day, from my house to yours.
As I was passing on my way, with my matching hound
I saw a sight, I dare to say, that shocked me to my core.

There was a girl, fair of hair, that is common to see.
Yet along her side, was not a fair canine bride.
But a dirt-brown dog.

I stood aghast, as the girl floated past.
I could scarcely utter "hello."
My own loyal mutt, was himself in a rut, to meet his strange new foe.

For in our town, it is the guide, that dogs and masters coincide.
It happens quite naturally, and the resemblance is often uncanny.

Whit Carnation got himself a Dalmatian, and soon developed spots.
The Irish Setter belongs to the redhead who pets her, on their daily walks.

...

So as you can see, it's odd to me.
White girl, brown dog.


Comment below with your ideas for more townsfolk to coincide with these breeds: Weimaraner, Husky, Golden Retriever, Jack Russell Terrier, German Shepherd, Boxer, Rottweiler, Poodle, Shih Tzu, Beagle, and Dachshund.

No comments:

Post a Comment