Thursday, January 26, 2012

Apostrophe, Vol.26, Ep.57

Hello Friends!

I love Valentine's Day!  It's my holiday!  I feel like everyone has a favorite holiday or time of year and Valentine's Day is mine.  In Wisconsin, where I live, it falls in the dead of winter when everyone has cabin fever and nothing to do except shovel snow and attempt to stay upright while scurrying over the ice from house to car to job and back again.  It's not a joyous time, so I like to bestow a little joy on all of my friends in the form of snail mail.  And this year, if you want a Valentine, I'll send you one!  Direct message me on twitter at @livehappilyever or on tumblr with your address.

This Valentine's Day, my dear friend, Johanna, and I are making dinner for some of our friends.  So if you have any suggestions on how to make this platonic dinner fun and not sad, I'd love to hear them!

Also, as a gift to some of our favorite people, myself, Angela, and a few others are thinking of offering free babysitting but we want to have a little fun with our couple friends so we're making them fill out a questionnaire about their love lives.  Best answers win!  So, we also need suggestions for awesome and heartwarming questions to ask them... so far we're thinking "how did you meet?" and so forth, but if you think of something brilliant. Please let me know!

And there you have three fabulous reasons that I love Valentine's Day!  I love doing things for people: spreading joy, cooking delicious food, and caring for children.  It's just one of the ways that I can show people I care about them.  Too many people focus on the romantic side of Valentine's.  And that's fine.  And I hope someday I'll have something like that, but even then, I still want to spread joy and love and make people feel special!

What are your plans for Valentine's Day?  Need ideas? I have lots!

Love Always,

Charity


No comments:

Post a Comment