Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Degree, Vol.1, Ep.1


Alright, friends! With my post about cookie dough yesterday, I was feeling really hungry and thought I'd share my super duper secret recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies!  Make sure you have lots of milk, these babies are mouth-watering!

The secret to superior chocolate chip cookies is undercooking, it sounds gross, it's not. 

It's pulling the cookies out of the oven right after the edges begin to turn brown.  You can't tell anyone, cause it sounds gross and they question whether they should be eating the cookies. It's perfectly safe.  

So, besides that my recipe is essentially the same as the one on the back of Nestle Toll House chips. (the only chocolate chips I use, by the way) And that is my secret to amazing chocolate chip cookies.

Here is the recipe with more specifics:

2 sticks of sweet cream salted butter (not margarine) melted in the microwave for like 30 seconds.

Add 
3/4 cup of white sugar
3/4 cup of brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp of vanilla
1 tsp of salt (or less if you are Tina)
1 tsp of baking soda 

Stir by hand. 

I don't use a mixer for cookies, it's just lazy. 

Add 
2 1/4 cup of flour a half cup at a time, 

Hold the 1/4 cup of flour if the dough seems too thick and [optional] add 1 - 1 1/2 cups of old fashioned oats oatmeal.

Add 
chocolate chips (the whole regular size bag - no halfsies like some people do - they crazy!) 

And I substitute pecans for the walnuts.  

Sometimes I put in all of the flour and the oatmeal - but if you want smooth chocolate chip cookies, hold off on the nuts and the oatmeal.  

Bake at 375 for 6-8 minutes, watch the oven like a hawk and pounce when the middle of the cookies appears congealed and the edges are barely brown.  Let cool (read: finish cooking) for 10 to 15 minutes.  And don't forget to lick the spoon after you've baked as much as you can.  :)

the end

No comments:

Post a Comment